Thursday, August 30, 2007

Minnesota State Fair 2007

We went to the State Fair last Saturday for Mike's work. We all got to wear Boston Scientific T-shirts to see if we would get "spotted" and win some cash. Unfortunately, we didn't get "spotted". We did have a good time though! The kids can't last a whole day there yet, so we stayed there until after lunch. I always have my goals when we go to the State Fair and we did all of them before we left. This year I wanted to get Nicholas' hand casted (see pics below). Last year I waited in line and a old lady cut in front of me. I was SO mad. This year when we got there that was the first place I wanted to go and there was no line! It was decided that we would get both the boys hands casted. It turned out great! If anyone would like to get it done, he is there every year in the Merchandise Mart Building (by the main gate entrance). His booth is in the back right corner. I also always get my Christmas Ornaments at the fair in the Grandstand. Those were my two biggest goals this year and of course eating the food. We also always go to the Kids Home Depot Workshop. This year was different, they down sized quite a bit. But we were able to ask for the aprons and bring the kits home and build them later. This year, Jon picked the Helicopter and Nicholas built a tool box. This year we took a ride on Skyride. It was a little scary for me at first, but Jon seemed to enjoy it. Nicholas got to ride with his Daddy. Of course the boys and Daddy went down the Giant Slide as well. They loved that! I love the MN State Fair! Mike said next year I can go with my family. He's not into it as much as I am. Thanks for going again this year Hunny!


Nicholas @ Giant Slide


Jon @ Giant Slide


Nicholas & Daddy Getting off the Skyride


Jon in the pod of the Skyride


Both the boys won this stuffed animal at the Midway catching water in a bucket. Nicholas actually won it all on his own. I was going to help, but he screamed NO!


Eating Pronto Pups! YUMMY!


Views of the boy's hands casted








This is Jon's hand when he was 18 months


Our 2007 X-mas ornaments

No comments: