Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Tree 2009

On Sunday we headed out to Stillwater Tree Farm to cut down our first Christmas Tree for our Woodbury Home! For the past few years we have been putting up our fake tree and Mike and I decided that this year we were going to cut down a real tree! So, with the help of Facebook and seeing a friend's Christmas Tree pictures on there we asked where she got it and that is where we went! I should have done a little bit more research on what kind of tree to get since Mike and I didn't really know what to look for. We walked around for awhile. I wanted a nice full tree and the trees we saw were tall and skinny. In in the end we ended up getting a Pine Tree. The boys were pretty happy when I gave the thumbs up because we walked around for a long time! After we cut down the tree we had to drag it back to the main building to get packed up and pay for it. Pine Trees were the least expensive which gave me the idea that it might not have been the best choice! So I asked the guys what the differences were and they explained to me. Pine Trees loses a lot of needles and their branches are not very sturdy. So next year if we get a real tree again we will have to look for a different one! Or maybe even just go to Home Depot! LOL! Here are a few pics...


Heading out to the Tree area!


Pathway to the Trees! I thought it was pretty cool walking through!


Our Christmas Tree!


Dragging it back to the main building...It wasn't too difficult! Ha!


Our Tree up and decorated!


I like how Marisa's belly is hanging out!

So, we got the tree up and decorated! A few hours later while we were watching TV (the kids were in bed already) CRASH! The tree falls over! Broke most of our red and green ornaments, well not most but all of them! Most of our personalized ornaments (I get them every year at the State Fair) for all the kids and Mike and I did not break! I only have to replace 4 of them! Mike and I started to clean up the mess (Lolo heard the crash and came up to help too) and they got the tree back up. We decided to redecorate the tree the next morning.

When the boys woke up and came downstairs, they were wondering why the tree didn't have the decorations and I told them what happened. So after the boys went off to school the next morning I redecorated the tree! Looks a little bare but we will have to wait for the end of the season sales to buy more ornaments!

No comments: