Thursday, May 27, 2010

It's Been A LONG Time! - Jon's First Communion

I decided today that it has been WAY too long since I have updated my Blog. Facebook has been too easy for me to post pics but I wanted to start posting again to my Blog. There has been WAY too much happening so I am just going to start with Jon's First Communion and the kids Birthdays and try to start fresh after that. Since the beginning of the school year Jon and I have been doing his Faith Formation at home. We started out with First Reconciliation and he had that in December and shortly after that we started to prepare for his First Communion. Then on April 17th it was his big day! I was one proud Mommy! After Mass we all went back to our house for a party. It was such a great day! Here are some pics from the special day!


Jon up at the Altar before Mass at Saint Ambrose Church of Woodbury


A close up. People commented on how nice his shirt was. He wore a Barong which is the formal attire in the Philippines.


Our Pew we sat in.


For each First Communion Mass the participants got to choose what they wanted to do during the Mass. Jon didn't want to do anything hard so he decided to be a greeter and passed out the programs.


He did great!


Group photo of all the First Communicants with Father Tom and the Faith Formation Team


Great photo op for an updated family pic!


Jon with his cake.


He can never take a 'good smile' picture!


Finally a normal smile!

Congrats Jon! We are SO proud of you!

No comments: