Monday, March 9, 2009

Only 2 More Days!

We leave for Florida on Wednesday! I am SO excited! Actually we ALL are! Mike and I are probably the most excited because we haven't been on a week long vacation in awhile. The boys, I don't think it really has hit them yet that we will be leaving in 2 days. And poor Marisa doesn't even get to go. She gets to stay with Papa and Grandma for a week. My Mom wanted us to bring her because she could take care of her in Florida, but it would really be a pain to bring all of her stuff. You know if you bring a baby with you on vacation you have to bring EVERYTHING! Plus it would not be fun for the rest of us. I'm sure we will go back when she is older. Plus, I am sure Papa and Grandma are looking forward to spending a week with her. They don't really get to see the kids that much since they live out in Buffalo, MN.

My Dad left yesterday morning for Florida. He drove down in his van to bring some of their stuff, plus, he took our luggage too! So that means we don't have to check anything in! Hopefully I didn't forget much. I did forget to pack Jon's PJs but I can fit them in my carry on.

Tomorrow morning I am dropping off Marisa and Ace, our dog, at Grandma and Papa's house. Mike's cousin Paul will be watching Ace. They have watched him in the past when we would go on vacation so I am sure Ace will feel right at home with them.

So, we arrive in the early afternoon in Florida on Wednesday. Our flight leaves Minneapolis at 6:25am! Auntie Marie is going to drop us off at the airport nice and early! Thanks Auntie Re! We do have a short stop in Atlanta and than Lolo will be picking us up in Orlando. We hope to go to Disney World either Thursday or Monday. Friday morning we will be leaving for Bonita Springs to spend the night with Lola Ayette and Lolo Jim. Jim plans to take us fishing in the ocean! SO excited! Than Saturday afternoon we bought tickets to watch the Twins play in Fort Myers. After the game we will head back to Orlando. Than I think the other days will just be beach days! I can't wait! I also have a college friend who lives 20 minutes outside of Orlando so I hope to meet up with him and his family too. Hopefully I will take really good pictures! So stay tuned! We will see you in a week!

2 comments:

trinity said...

Have fun Myra! You guys are going to have so much fun! I know what you mean about packing for a baby. There's SO much to bring. Even when we go visit Jeff's family in IL for the weekend, Sophia has the biggest suitcase and it's packed full. Can't wait to see your pictures from the trip!

Juli P said...

You should call my mom when you think you might have a beach day. She's going to be at the Resort on Cocoa Beach for two weeks when you're there! Nice beach access there.
Plus, she'll be bored and looking for something to do! It's her first year down there without my dad :(