Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Nicholas' First Field Trip - Afton Apple Farm

Last week I volunteered to go with Nicholas' class on their first field trip. We went to Afton Apple Farm. I have never been there before and it was pretty cool. A very large Apple Farm! I usually always go to Aamodt's Apple Farm but this one had more things for the kids to do so I may be going back to this one! Any way, I had 4 boys in my group and they were all really good. We went as a class around the farm on a trailer that was pulled by a tracker. The kids loved this part! He drove us around the farm and told us about the farm and some interesting things that I never knew. We stopped in 3 different parts of the farm to pick 3 different apples and than we even got to pick out own pumpkin! After we were done doing out picking he drove us back to the main entrance and gave all of us some apple cider. It was delicious! Than it was lunch time and after that the kids got to play on the playground! It was a great field trip! Hope you enjoy the pics!


Nicholas' class on the trailer.



My 4 boys I looked after: Nicholas, Tommy, Alex and Alwyn.


I love this! Mrs. Mankowski or Mrs. M as the kids call her would say give me 5 and raise her hand and cover her mouth and the rest of the kids would do the same! They would be quiet so fast! I loved it! I gotta try it at home!


Nicholas picking his pumpkin!


Eating lunch. The playground is in the back! It was a huge hit!


The class posing by the pumpkins and signs. Great picture!

1 comment:

an.Alaskan.mom said...

Looks like a ton of fun! We don't have apple trees and pumpkin patches :(