Saturday, August 30, 2008

MN State Fair 2008

So I forgot that I had taken a few pictures when we went to the State Fair on Opening Day.....So here they are! I didn't take many because I wanted to enjoy it with Mike and the boys and didn't want to worry about getting a good picture. We left Marisa with my sister Marie. Thanks Marie for watching Marisa! When we usually go, we go straight to the Kids Workshop at the Home Depot stand, but for some reason on Opening Day they do not have the Workshop. In the past Jon & Nick have made a tool box, A race car, a helicopter and couple other things that I cannot remember, but it is really fun to do! So we just kept on walking and we actually went to a few places that we have never been before with the boys. We stopped at the U of M area and I ended up getting the boys these two bags because I knew we were going to be coming home with a few things from the Midway. The boys loved them and it helped us out carrying all of our stuff. We also stopped by the DNR area and we walked through a few campers and some fish houses. The boys and Daddy enjoyed that. Daddy is already thinking about upgrading to a better fish house! :) We also went buy the Pet Center and the boys got to see Huskies and a few different breeds of dogs.

We took a few pictures at these made up stands. Nicholas thought it was cool.



Here are the boys waiting in line for the Sky Ride.

We had a fun day and we were able to make it longer than usual. Mike doesn't really enjoy going to the Fair because of the crowd and how the boys get tires so fast, but this year went great! We didn't go over board at the Midway, we bought the big sheet of tickets and that was it. We didn't buy any more which is good for us! Last year we bought two sheets! Jon ended up winning that Sponge Bob basketball. We always come home with at least one of those b-balls from the fair! The boys also won a few stuffed animals. Its amazing how they enjoy winning those things! Mike and I did pretty good eating there too! We had a Prunto Pup, we split a bagel sandwich, got a large french fries to share with the boys, and we each got a strawberry smoothie. The boys ate cotton candy and ice cream! Oh! I also got a corn on the cob! I love those! I didn't get my usual cheese curds, but I didn't want to go over board on the diet! :) The MN State Fair is the best!

No comments: