Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mommy Will Be Busy!

So I decided to start knitting again. Bev had come over a few weeks ago and was knitting Jon an afghan and it got me to finish a scarf that I started for Mike 7 years ago! Yup! 7 years ago! It took me a little bit to get going again and I was doing it the wrong way at first but I did end up finishing it. Only problem was that it is now the wrong color! It doesn't match his current winter jacket anymore....So I decided that I was going to make him a new one and the boys one. Bev and Ed came down to watch Jon play soccer again yesterday and they hung out with us for the day. Bev told me to go to a website where I could get free knitting patterns and I was able to find some patterns that the boys and Mike liked. After Jon's game she came with me to Michael's because they were having a sale on yarn and helped me pick them out. We also bought some T-shirts orange fabric die and black fabric paint. I showed the boys a project out of my Family Fun Magazine and they wanted to do that too! Any way, I started Nicholas' last night and hopefully it will not take me long to make them. Below are some pictures of the patterns.

Nicholas' Scarf - he picked the colors red and green. It will look like a X-mas scarf but it will look cute!

Mike's Scarf. I hope to make the beanie too! - We couldn't find black and grey in the yarn type so I switched it up and bought a different one. Hopefully it will work out!

Jon's scarf. - He picked black


I will hopefully make this one for myself. I will most likely pick one color, but we will see! I haven't bought the yarn yet.

Here are the T-shirts we are making. But I just made a sunburst pattern instead of little circles all over. We are going to draw the pumpkin faces on today! I will post a picture when we are all done.

1 comment:

Koch Kids said...

Here are some good knitting sites:
ravelry.com
http://the-panopticon.blogspot.com/
http://www.knittinghelp.com/