Monday, June 1, 2009

Tangletown Gardens Flower

Mike's High School friend, Dean, owns a garden store in South Minneapolis called Tangletown Gardens and this year we bought our flowers from him. His production facility is actually his old family farm in Plato, MN and that is where we met Dean to buy some flowers. Mike hasn't been out there since High School and he was amazed on how different things were on the farm since Dean's dad used to raise cattle on it (I think it was cattle). It was SO cool to see and the boys enjoyed seeing the flowers and especially the chickens! Since we were in Plato we also had stopped in Glencoe to place flowers and Veteran Flags by Mike's Grandfather, Louis Ortloff, and Great Grandfather, Edgar Norton. Bev and Ed usually do it but since we were heading out that way before Memorial Day Mike said we would do it. I actually want to make this a yearly tradition going to the cemetary and buyng flowers from Dean. Hoepfully we will stick with it!

Anyway, I told Dean that Mike had bought me two pots about this size (showing him with my arms) and he had asked me what I had planted in them before. I told him wave petunias. You should have seen the look of disappoinment on his face! LOL! I told him I liked color and off he went to all of his green houses! I started to follow him but than just realized to stay back and he would bring the flowers back to the main area. It was amazing watching him just pick things out! When he kept on grabbing plants I was thinking to myself I will never get all of these in one pot! But he told me to not be afraid to squeeze them all in. He grabbed a crate and placed the plants in it to show me how I should plant them in my pots. It was very cool looking! Well it has been a few weeks now and here is one of my pots! I have two of them that are on our front porch! I just LOVE how they turned out!

Thanks Dean!

No comments: