Thursday, June 18, 2009

Valley Fair 2009

Yesterday we went to Valley Fair! Auntie Marie was taking TJ and some of his friends for his birthday so she invited Jon, Nicholas and myself to go. Mostly because she needed my truck to bring all the boys in! LOL! We had SO much fun! Lolo and Lola stayed home to watch Marisa for me so we met all of them at their house around 11:30am. When we got there TJ and his friends decided to ride in my truck and the little boys rode with Auntie Marie. We had to pick up one of TJ's friends at his house and than we were off to Valley Fair! Ounce we got there Marie bought some of the boys lunch. Of course my boys, once they saw the games wanted to play games. I told them at the end of the day after dinner we would play games. We have the whole afternoon here to ride the rides and than play games. After about the 5th time asking, I think Nicholas finally realized that we were not playing games until later on.

The first ride they went on was the Scrambler! Thank goodness the older boys didn't go off on their own yet because Nicholas needed an older person to ride with him so TJ did. Of course since it was Marie, Anthony, Jon, Nicholas, and myself we went to the smaller rides. They had a lot of fun in that area. They went on the Mild Thing a bunch of times! The airplane ride and than they wanted to go on the hot air balloon ride. This ride I had to go on with Nicholas because he was too short and he couldn't go with just Anthony and Jon. I didn't do very well. The rides that go in circles I just can't do anymore! Roller Coasters I can do, but circles I can't! After this ride Marie saw that there was a comedy/magician show so we went there for a half hour to watch the show. That helped me out a lot plus I had a Mountain Dew. After that we went on a few more rides. They liked the tilt a whirl. This was a ride that Nicholas could go on with just Anthony and Jon! I was SO excited I didn't have to ride with him! I know I wouldn't have done well on this ride! After a while we went to the Ball Factory. We stayed there for about an hour! The boys were having so much fun! Some Fathers were in there so they were throwing the balls at each other. Jon got hit right in the melon from one of the Dad's and it was hilarious!

We than decided to go to Mad Mouse. I kept on telling Jon that he needed to try one of the bigger roller coasters so we started out with Mad Mouse. He first went with Anthony, Marie and Nicholas. He LOVED it! Than it was my turn to go with the boys. I told him that if he liked this roller coaster he would LOVE the High Roller! I showed him which one it was and he wasn't quite sure yet. So I told him we could wait. I didn't want to force him. We than met up with the bigger boys and had dinner. After dinner we decided to go on more rides before heading to the game area. The bigger boys wanted to ride on the High Roller so Jon decided he would give it a try. He wanted me to go with him so headed toward the ride. He was SO scared! I told him he would be fine and that he could hold my hand the whole time if he wanted. When we waited for the roller coaster to get back for our turn I told him we would sit in the middle because it wouldn't be that bad in the middle. He wanted to turn around and leave but I told him he could do it and he stayed. We got on and he was just holding onto my hand. Going up the big hill was probably the worst part for him, but I talked him through it. Told him that there was one more big hill and the rest were smaller ones. At the end I asked him if it was bad and he said no. He actually enjoyed it! Poor kid...It was the end of the day so we headed towards the game area. They boys did really well. They both came home with 3 prizes each. Boy are some of the games expensive!

Any way, they now want to go back. I told them probably next Summer. Here are some pics! Enjoy!


Eating lunch before heading out to the rides. L to R : Alex, Davis, TJ, Jon, Nicholas, Peg, Anthony, & Lee. TJ's friends Joey was meeting us later.


Waiting in line for the Scrambler.


Jon and Anthony rode together.




Ride has begun! Look at Nicholas trying to hold on!


Can't see Anthony and Jon anymore!


On the Tilt A Whirl.


They LOVED this ride!


PEACE!


Not feeling too hot anymore, huh boys?!


The Mild Thing. Nicholas and Anthony were able to get on this one. Jon had to wait.


Nicholas looking good!


He is such a ham!


Anthony in the back!


They got to go around 3 times for each ride. They would give the controller a thumbs up to go around again!


Jon and Anthony sat in the front the second time on the ride.


Jon looks a little nervous....


No hands!


3rd time in the back. Can you tell Nicholas is excited!


My two boys.


Love this shot!


Waiting in line for Mad Mouse.


Going up!


Are they having fun?


On the Wheel of Fortune ride. Again, good thing the older boys were with us. Nick got to ride with Joey on this one.


Jon and TJ


TJ is ready!




Anthony rode with Alex




Peg and Davis


At the end of the day in front of the fountain. Thanks Auntie Marie for inviting us!

No comments: