Monday, June 1, 2009

Testing Out The Batting Cage

So this afternoon the UPS Man came and delivered the 2 precious items Mike and the boys have been waiting for! Of course Mike had text me earlier in the day to see if they had arrived yet and of course it hadn't. I text him back and told him that I would let him know as soon as they came. Once the UPS guy was coming down the street I was grabbing for the phone. Of course when I called it went to his voice mail. Iwent back into the house and than I remembered that the pitching machine had to be charged so I went back into the garage to open it and plug it in. Good thing I remembered because everyone came over after school and work to check it out!

Mike left work early to set up the cage and Jack, our neighbor had come to help too. He is 13 and is Anna's brother. Anna is out neighbor who is 11 and likes to play with the kids in the cul de sac. Anyway we finally got it up (it would have been easier if Jack and I were 6 feet tall but we got it up!). Here are a few pics from this afternoon.


The cage is up and ready!


It even came with the pitching net.


View from where the pitching machine is going to be.


The pitching machine


Anna and Marisa


Jack taking a few swings!


Had to put these up so we can show the boys how Jack keeps his chin down.


Max our neighbor's new puppy


Jon taking some swings. He was getting good at it towards the end.


Nicholas' turn. He was swinging with his eyes closed. I told him to keep his eyes open!


Next one he hit the ball good! I love his expression in this one!


Our neighbor Elsie. She will be 2 in November!

No comments: