Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Update On My Pregnancy

So I went in to see my doctor today and from now on I go in every week. I actually only have 3 more appointments before my scheduled C-section. Everything looked good but now that I am on insulin she wants to start doing non stress tests and ultrasounds each week to make sure the baby is doing OK. Today they just did the non stress test and hooked me up to a monitor. They usually just have you on the monitor for 20 minutes, but since the baby was not active or sleeping they gave it a little jolt and left me on for another 10 minutes. They were looking for movement which they got after the jolt. Basically it was a little tool that she put against my belly and she pushed a button and it made a little noise and vibrated a little bit. She didn't wake up right away, but definitely started moving shortly after that! So next week I will go in again and have my exam, non stress test and ultrasound. I think when I go in for the ultrasound, I am going to ask the technician to just double check for me that it is for sure a girl so we don't have to worry about repainting the baby's room! We will see next week!

No comments: