Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Marisa's First Day Home

I got discharged from the hospital yesterday right before lunch. I was so thankful that they let me go home so early! I was definitely getting bored in that small hospital room. On our way home we stopped to get Nicholas at the clinic and have lunch there. Auntie Rose and Auntie Missy were there along with Lolo and Lola. They all got their fix on holding Marisa and than it was time to go home. She is such a good baby! She even nurses really well, so my goal of nursing this one might come true. I am having no problems feeding her at all. So different than when I tried with the boys. She has been eating every 2 1/2 to 3 hours during the day and she even stays up for a little bit before she crashes for a nap. We even took her outside for a little bit while the boys played catch with their Dad. Since we were outside all the girls in the neighborhood wanted to see her. She was still sleeping so they couldn't get to hold her but they will get their chance. They were all excited to finally meet her! After awhile it was time to go inside. It was getting a little too windy for her and it was time for dinner anyway.

After putting the boys to bed Marisa got her first bath at home. She didn't like it too much and cried the whole time. Dad did an excellent job giving her a quick one. I fed her around 9pm and we all went to bed. She didn't wake up again to feed until 1 am and than again around 4:45am. She did SO good! I was happy that she let me sleep on the first night she was home. She was even still sleeping at 7:30 when I got up for the day! We are going to try to keep her on a 2 - 3 hour feeding schedule during the day and than just let her wake up herself during the night when she is hungry. Hopefully it will all work out. Below are some pictures I took of her today. She is only 4 days old now!





2 comments:

trinity said...

She's soooooo cute!!! We can't wait to meet her!

Juli P said...

She's cute, can't wait to meet her on Sunday~