Friday, May 23, 2008

Sad News

I just received a call from my sister Marie from the clinic. My Dad's sister, Tita Marcela, just passed away. We were all hoping she was going to make it until everyone made it to the Philippines for my Dad's 70th birthday. Everyone is actually leaving on the 26th of May and not coming back until June 7th. Since Marisa is only two weeks old my family is not going. I am bummed we are missing out on a huge celebration, but Mike and I didn't think it would be safe for Marisa to travel at such an early age. Now that Tita Marcela passed away I am sure they will wait for the family to get there for her funeral. She will be greatly missed. Below is a picture of her with Jon and Nicholas in July 2005 when she came to visit with Ate Daisy. Our thoughts and prayers go out to her and all the family in the Philippines. We will miss you Tita Marcela!


No comments: