Wednesday, February 20, 2008

3 Hour Glucose Test

Well, I had my 3 hour glucose test yesterday morning. I had to be at the clinic at 8 am so Mike went to work late so he could take Jon to his bus stop and drive Nicholas to school. I brought my book I have been reading to keep me busy. I had to fast the night before by not eating anything after 10pm. When I got there I checked in and they brought me to the lab area right away. They drew blood from me and said that I would get poked 4 times today. She tested the blood right away before I had to drink the sugar pop. I had a 103 and I had to be in the middle 90's. So, I had already failed my first test. She said that if I failed another one I would be referred to a Diabetes Center. I was allowed to take the sugar pop and wait an hour. After the first hour she drew blood from me again and I was at 109. I had to be below 180, so I passed that one. I was SO thankful! Next one was at 105 and the last one was 76 I think. So I ended up passing the test. I was so worried in the beginning that I was going to fail again. I am just thankful I passed! Next update is I go in on March 5th and after that I go in every 2 weeks! I can't believe that! I go in every 2 weeks already! This is going by so fast! Stayed tuned!

OTHER UPDATES-----------------------------------------------

My parents are out of town so my sister Missy is going to help me start painting the baby's room on Friday. Since Nicholas' room was painted Timberwolves colors we are going to have to prime the room firat and than paint it pink and green. I am still debating on if I should paint the opposite walls one color and the other opposite walls the other color. I was also thinking maybe painting two walls touching eachother one color and the other two walls the other color. Does that make sense? Any way, I am excited to get that done. Plus we still need to move all of Nicholas' clothes into his new bedroom he is sharing with Jon. Mike need to buy another hanging rod for the closet and build nooks on the walls for his folding clothes. So hopefully in the next couple weeks he can get that done. I know he still needs to get stuff done for downstairs, so hopefully we can work on these projects together. We plan on painting the basement on Thursday, but I have to check with my doctor first to make sure I can paint. I can't remember if it is OK for me to paint or not. I plan on calling them today. After the paint is done, I think Mike plans on putting in the doors and putting down the tile. We are still waiting on getting a phone call from Home Depot to let us know what the final amount will be for installing the carpet, so that will be the next step after that. Once the carpet is installed we can finally put the basement together. We plan on buying a couple things for the playroom and of course we plan on picking up our Valentine's Day gifts! I can't wait to see it all finished! Once we are done painting I will update with more pics. Stay tuned!

No comments: