Monday, February 4, 2008

Jon's 1st Lost Tooth!

Jon finally lost his first tooth last night! He told me in late January that he had a loose tooth and he was so anxious as to when it would fall out. Well, it finally happened yesterday. We had Faith Formation in the morning and went to church right after. During church he turns to me and says, "Mom, look at how loose my tooth is now!" I felt it and I told him to quit playing with it until we got home! I didn't want it to fall out in church and have Mike miss the event it was that close to coming out! After church we came home had lunch and after lunch Jon showed his Dad. We were sitting around watching TV before we had to leave to go to Auntie Tesa's house for the Superbowl and Mike asked Jon if we should tie string around his tooth. Jon agreed. Only thing was that we didn't have any string. So Mike tried to pull it out and he couldn't get a hold of the tooth. He tried a few times, and Jon started to get scared. Mike told him that if he didn't do it, that Uncle Paul would hold him down and pull it out! Little did Jon know, Uncle Paul is in Utah, but it gave Mike a few more times to try. Of course during this whole time I had the video camera on so I could get it all on tape. Well, I had thought we had given up so I stopped tapping and a few seconds later, Jon was touching his tooth and POP! It came out! I just turned off the video camera two seconds earlier so I missed his first reaction on tape! It was funny! His facial expression was great! He looked so surprised it fell out and that he did it himself. First thing he said was, "COOOOOOOL!" Of course I turned the camera back as quick as I could, but I had missed the moment. The tooth fairy ended up giving him $3 for his tooth. He came running into my room this morning saying, "Mom, look what the Tooth Fairy left me!" He couldn't wait to tell his Teacher and Classmates at school today. Below are some pics of the proud boy!





No comments: