Monday, July 14, 2008

The Children's Farm

This Summer we decided to do something different for the boys. Our neighbors told me last summer about this place called The Children's Farm which is located in Stillwater and not that far from our house. It is basically a Farm that allows kids to feed the animals, plant some seeds, learn about farming, and a bunch of other neat stuff. I heard great things about this place so I called them last year to be on the mailing list for this summer. They have summer classes that fill up fast! They sent out the registration back in Jan. or Feb. and I had sent our registration in about 4 days after receiving it and I didn't get my first choices for classes for the boys. I signed Nicholas up for the Preschool session that lasted 5 weeks and he went on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Jon was signed up for Woodworking Class and the Nature Class. Nicholas just got done with his session this past week and Jon finished up his Woodworking class this past week as well (Jon's classes goes for one week going every day). So on their last day they invite the parents and rest of the family to come the last hour of class. We all got to go to Nicholas' Family Day, but I was not able to go to Jon's because I was taking care of Callie that day. I will take pictures of Jon's Family Day for his Nature Class. So below are some pictures from Nicholas' Family Day. It was a ton of fun and Noah was with us so he had fun too. They got to do a lot of neat things on the farm. I am hoping to sign them up again next summer since they both had so much fun. Enjoy the pics below!



On the first day Nicholas talked about how he got to ride on a horse. I thought that was so cool! I didn't get to ride on a horse until I was in Junior High!


He definitely enjoyed it!


I think he said the horse's name is Gordy




Than they all got to feed the Geese


Than the chickens


Jon got a turn in the chicken coop


They even planted their own veggies! Here Nicholas' teacher was telling him which ones he could pull out


Getting ready to pull out a radish


Nice radish!


They had an old tracker the kids could play on too!


Good photo op!


Of course they had kittens too

No comments: