Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Minnesota Zoo

Yesterday I took the kids to the Minnesota Zoo. I had planned on taking them for awhile but did not want to take them myself so I had asked our neighbor, Anna (she is 10), to come with us so she could help watch the boys. Every time we had set up a date she ended up getting invited to a birthday party. So I just decided I was going to take them myself. It wasn't that bad besides the usual meltdowns and there wasn't a lot really. Both the boys did pretty good. I usually take them there for a couple hours but we ended up staying for 5 hours! They enjoyed the new exhibit Russia's Grizzly Coast and especially loved the new water feature! Next time I told them they can were their swim trunks and that we will bring a towel! We got to see the Bird Show and spent most of the time outside and a little time in Discovery Bay. We were going to go watch the Dolphin Show but were too late and the auditorium was full so they closed it off to any newcomers. Marisa did really well too! She enjoys being outside! I tried keep her in the shade most of the time. She really enjoyed the Bird Show! She was all smiles in her stroller. But by the time we got home Marisa was tired of being in her car seat. Below are pictures from our day, enjoy!


Bengal Tiger - The boys didn't want to take a picture with it at first.


Marisa in her stroller during the Bird Show


She was all smiles!


The Bald Eagle - Jon loved it when it came out!


Jon wasn't afraid to get soaking wet in the new water feature!


Nicholas wasn't as daring as Jon but got a little wet




Jon almost got hit in the face with the water!


In the new Russia's Grizzly Coast they had a sand box you could play in and the boys liked the bones inside it!

No comments: