Monday, March 24, 2008

Birthday Treats At Jon's School

Today Jon had asked me to bring Birthday Treats for snack today at school. I told him that I would ask Mrs. Ritzer first to make sure it was OK. She said I could bring afternoon snack at around 2:30pm. So Nicholas and I made a trip out to Jon's school. While we were waiting for them to get back from the Gym, I took pictures of some of Jon's art that was hanging on the wall. They had an Art teacher come in and work with the kids. Some of them were really good! I was very surprised on how artistic my Jon was! Below is his art work. When they got back from Gym they all got into a circle to sing Jon Happy birthday and some other birthday songs. It was very cute! Than it was time for snack. I had bought Jon's favorite cookies from Sam's Club. The Sugar Cookies with frosting and sprinkles. After snack it was choice play and all the boys went to the big wooden blocks to build houses and all the girls went to get paper and color. It was too cute! Mrs. Ritzer let me take Jon home early since we were there already, so we left at 3:00. Normally school gets out at 3:30pm and Jon actually doesn't get home until 4:00 because he takes the bus. So that was nice of her to let me take him. Any way, enjoy the pictures below!


Flower Garden: Color Wheel - Primary & Secondary Colors


Van Gogh's "Starry Night" - Oil Pastels


Picasso's "Girl In The Mirror" - a work in chalk


Getting ready to sign Jon Happy Birthday!


The class in a circle signing Birthday Songs


Getting ready to eat snack. They all have to wait untill everyone gets a cookie and than they all can start eating.


Eating his snack


Some of his buddies playing with the Big Wooden Blocks. From L to R: Dan, Reid, Jacob, Jon, Nicholas. Olajide, Mitchell, & Chase

No comments: