Monday, March 17, 2008

Scrapbooking Retreat for Mommy/Update on Basement

I went on a scrapbooking retreat with Auntie Missy, Auntie Tesa and Tesa's Sister-in-Law Juli. It was up in Cross Lake about 2 1/2 hours away by Brainerd. We booked it way back in January! I was excited when I booked it, but as the date got closer I wasn't too excited about it until Tesa told me what she was going to work on there. Close To My Heart had just come out with some really nice paper for wedding albums and that was what she was going to work. Her Wedding Album. I thought that was a great idea! So last month at our monthly scrapbooking I put together some pictures and picked out lay-outs for me to do at the retreat. A few days before I left I finished picking out pictures and lay-outs. We left Thursday afternoon and was up there by 4pm. We unloaded the car, picked out our beds and went straight downstairs to the scrapbooking room! We were there with about 12 other ladies that go there every March. Our host for the weekend was a consultant for Creative Memories and she did such a wonderful job. Thanks Katie! It was such a great weekend! There was such great food and everyone was SO nice! One lady brought her Cricut Machine and she let me use it a lot this weekend. Our cousin in Oklahoma had one and when we were down there for Thanksgiving, Tesa and Missy were able to use hers, but I didn't scrapbook that night because Nicholas was sick. So, when I used it this weekend I thought it was the best thing ever! We, meaning the four of us that went to the retreat, already agreed to get one together and we were going to get one before the weekend but it didn't work out. Well, it was decided that Tesa is going to buy the machine and the rest of us are going to buy the cartridges, blades and mats. They actually came out with the Cricut Expression which can fit a 12x12 cardstock. The one that I used this weekend you had to cut down the paper and that is the one we plan on getting. I can't wait! So of course we all started working on our projects. The first night I got about 7 pages completed. I thought that was pretty good until I heard what Missy had finished! I think she had done like 11 finished pages! She is just a fast worker and loves what she does. All the other ladies were surprised on how fast we were and how much we got done. Especially Missy. The second day/night was a lot better for me. I thought I was working a lot faster and the pages were coming together easy for me. The last night we were there seemed to go a little slower for me but I ended up staying up until 3:30am. I didn't want to have 5 pages to do the next morning. I know I am crazy, but when you are determined to finish something you just have to get it done! So, needless to say I only got 5 hours of sleep that night because I knew I had three more pages to work on in the morning before we left. Missy and Julie were done the night before so they just hung out the last morning while Tesa and I finished our pages. I did get the whole album done though! I got 38 pages done and I love how it all turned out! Below are a few of my favorite pages. The other ladies and the host actually do this again in September (they do it every March & Sept), but I don't think I will be able to make it to that one with a newborn and all. But I do hope to make this a yearly thing in March! I had so much fun! Now all I have to do is buy a album to put them in!













UPDATE ON BASEMENT____________________
Well, the basement is pretty much finished now. Mike just has to install the sink in the bar area. Everything else is pretty much done. We have been hanging out down there every night. Now all we have to do is get the baby room ready! Mike had already moved the queen size bed in the guest room to Nicholas' room this weekend. He cleared out the Guest room and He was actually going to paint the room while I was gone too, but he didn't know what colors I wanted. So now we just have to paint the room and get it set up. He went out last night and got the paint colors, so today I am hoping to get the room taped up for him so he can prime and paint the room before Jon's b-day. Right now we have the twin bed that used to be in Nicholas' room in our room and the crib so it will be nice to get them out since I bump into the twin almost every time I go to the bathroom at night! :) I will take pics when that project is finished as well!

No comments: