Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Pregnancy & Diabetes Update

Well, yesterday I went in for my Gestational Diabetes Class at United. It went pretty well. We learned how to poke our fingers and talked with a Nutritionist. I have to poke my finger 4 times a day. It actually isn't that bad. It hurts worse when you get poked at the Dr.'s office than using what I have to use. The most pain in the butt part of all of this is figuring out how many carbs are in everything you eat. I am allowed to eat 14 - 16 carbs total per day, and I am suppose to eat 3 meals a day and 3 snacks a day. So really I am eating every 2 - 3 hours a day. So, we will see how everything goes. I am hoping that just the diet will help control this and that I don't have to take insulin shots. That would be the worst! I will keep you posted.

Today I had my regular Dr. Apt and she just did a belly check. Baby heart rate was 152. Everything else was normal so she is just going to keep an eye on this diabetes thing. I am hoping I will not continue to have this once the baby is born. I will definitely have to get back into shape after she is born. I don't want to be counting carbs for the rest of my life!

No comments: