Monday, March 3, 2008

Getting Ready For Carpet

We are finally going to get our carpet installed this Thursday! I am SO excited! They called on Friday to schedule the installation and we could have had it installed as early as Tuesday, but I have my appointment at the Pregnancy and Diabetes Center at United from 1 - 4pm, so I couldn't schedule it for that day. Wednesday I have appointments too along with Jon. He has an eye appointment in the morning, than I have my regular Dr. appointment, than I also have a dentist appointment in the afternoon. So Wednesday didn't work either. Thursday was the day! They will be calling us Wednesday to set up the time of the installation. I am glad Thursday was the day because when I called Mike to tell him it was going to be installed that day he was glad he had a few days to get things ready. So, he finished putting in the grout on the tile and finished the fireplace. We decided not to do a hearth or stone since it was going to take too long. So, we just got the same tile and put tile around the fireplace. It looks really good. Great job Mike! Lolo is finishing up putting the cover on all the electrical stuff and than his friend will add the fuse for the power to that part of the room. Hopefully it will all work when he is done! Otherwise we might have to break through the drywall! Mike I believe only has to install the doors (2 of them, one going into the utility/storage room and the other for underneath the stairs). He would also like to put in all the trim before the carpet comes. I think that is it and we will be all done! I can't believe it! Than we can finally put the furniture away, and bring Sinbad downstairs and get our other games too. I think Mike plans on picking them up on Friday. We also need to go shopping for a new TV for down there and also get dish to come out and add another receiver. We will also be putting our Nintendo Wii down there so whenever the boys want to play their games, I won't have to stop watching my TV! I am excited to get the boys playroom done. We plan on keeping all, I mean all of their toys down there. They are going to help us go through everything and donate some of the toys that are to small for them. We also want to buy a big kids table for down there when they do their art or when we have parties so all the kids can eat at the table together. We just have to figure out how big we want it. I can't wait until it all done! Here are some updated pics! Enjoy!


Main living area


Bar/Fridge area


Fireplace


Stairs

No comments: