Monday, March 31, 2008

Can't Sleep

Well, it's 3:24am and I can't sleep. I got up to go to the bathroom and I can't fall back asleep. I keep thinking about what else needs to be done before the baby gets here and how I have to go through some baby clothes and wash them, what else I need to buy to prepare for when the baby is here and all that stuff. I guess I should write this stuff down instead of trying to keep it in my head. Plus, it doesn't help that I can hear my husband snoring through the walls (I have been sleeping in the baby's room the past couple nights). So I decided to get up and update the blog and watch some TV. Hopefully I will get some more sleep.

So, an update on my Gestational Diabetes....I have been doing great on my sugar tests. They have all been in the range where it is suppose to be, but I have been losing weight. So basically I have not been getting enough calories. So they gave me one more week to try to figure this all out. If I can't get it to where I have negative keytones, I will have to start taking insulin shots. Whatever will make it all work and keep the baby healthy. I go in on Thursday morning, and so far it has been going pretty good. My last appointment at the Diabetes Center was last Thursday so on Friday Nick and I went to the grocery store so I could buy food that was needed badly. I think that was part of the problem. I didn't really have snacks for me to snack on. So now I feel like I am eating constantly. But I have been gaining some weight back. I usually check every night before I go to bed and in the morning when I wake up. So, wish me luck! I don't really want to take insulin shots, but I gotta do what I gotta do, right?!

The baby's room is pretty much done, all I need is a dresser (I promise to post pictures of the room soon. I just keep forgetting!). Hopefully we will be able to go out and by one this week so I can start washing some clothes. I need to go through all our boys clothes too! I am hoping Paul and Tesa have a boy so maybe me getting stuff ready for them will make it happen! :) Plus, if they don't have a boy I would like to sell our stuff in a garage sale. Two of my neighbors are planning on having a garage sale during the Woodbury City Wide so I would like to get things ready before hand especially since one of them just told me it is the weekend I will be in the hospital. If I can't sell our stuff than, I will just have to wait until next time.

Nicholas' birthday is coming up. We are having his party at Club Just Jump in Woodbury. He is pretty excited. We plan on getting him a new bigger bike. He was out riding his bike yesterday and he just looked huge on it! Definitely needs a new bike. It was so nice to be able to play outside. All the kids were out and my boys were out there for about 3 1/2 hours. They had so much fun! Mike had gotten their 4 wheelers out so they were riding those, we played catch and got the basketball hoop out. Jon and Colin were pretty good, they actually tried to get a game started and they both knew what to do. Of course Daddy practice the basics with Jon so he wouldn't forget what he had learned in basketball camp.

Anything else I need to share? Can't think of anything else....It is now 3:43am. I am going to turn on the TV and try to get some sleep!

No comments: