Friday, September 21, 2007

Been Busy

I know I haven't updated in awhile, but we have been pretty busy. With everything going on every week I haven't had much time to write about much. Plus, now I am volunteering to be a Catechist at our Church for Faith Formation. I am not going to be teaching Jon's grade, but 4th grade. They needed a lot of help in the older elementary classes so I said yes. I am not sure what I got myself into, but this might be the first and last time I do it. Good thing I am paired up with another lady who has experience in VBS and she has no worries about teaching the class. Where I have many worries, actually everything about it, I worry about. I told her if she is fine with it, she can definitely take the lead teaching role and I would be glad to assist. Hopefully it will go well and it is only once a week. Plus, it will help in getting me and Jon to Mass every Sunday.

Jon has really been enjoying Gymnastics. Mike took him last Tuesday because I had training for Catechist. One thing we need to work on is his stretching. He is definitely not as flexible as some in the class. Nicholas continues to enjoy AWANA on Wednesday nights and he is so proud when he memorizes the short verses so quickly. I will start Volleyball next Wednesday night and I am looking forward to it. I just love the sport! Tonight the boys have swimming lessons and last week they both did really well. It did take Nicholas a little bit to get into the water, but hopefully tonight it will be better. Once he got in he was having a lot of fun. Jon was doing really well in his class too. I was actually surprised on how well he swam. Also tonight we are hoping to watch the Stillwater vs. Cretin Derham Hall Football game. It will depend on the weather. We thought it would be fun for the boys to watch a game in real life. Plus we will be watching my High School.

Every other Saturday Mike, myself and Lolo bowl in a Filipino Bowling league. So this Saturday Mike and I are bowling and Bev and Ed are coming over to watch the boys for us since my dad is in the Philippines and my mom has been staying with Tita Li. Sunday is my Elementary's Fall Festival so I am sure I will bring the boys to that while Mike watches the football games.

Thats about it for now. Keep checking our blog for more updates on the family!

No comments: