Monday, September 3, 2007

End of Summer Celebration!

Today Lola, Jon, Nicholas and myself were invited to a family friend son's birthday party. They are actually twins who turned 3. The boys had so much fun, playing with all the other kids who were there, they didn't want to eat when it was time to eat or leave when it was time to go, even though I did the count down with them (example - boys we have 10 minutes before it time to go). They finally ate when the birthday boys blew out their candles and opened gifts. They were so excited to go back to playing they didn't even want cake!

For dinner our neighbors Paula and Shawn invited all the neighbors in the cul de sac for a spaghetti dinner and to celebrate the end of summer. All of us are stay at home moms and all of our kids are pretty much around the same age. We had a great time eating outside and watching the kids play. I used this opportunity to take some pictures of all the kids. The pictures below are some of my favorites. We all talked about the first day of school tomorrow and how we were all going to be. We all have a Kindergartner starting tomorrow, and actually Paula's son Colin will be in Jon's class this year. So we talked about what time we were going to walk to the bus stop tomorrow morning. We want to get there a little early in case the bus shows up early. We don't miss it!

I still do not know how I will be tomorrow, but hopefully, if I do cry, it won't be that bad. I will take lots of pictures so stay tuned! Hope you enjoy some of the pictures from tonight's dinner!
All the kids! They were all digging in the weeds.
Colin - 5 years
Adeline - 3 years
Nicholas- 3 years, Jon - 5 years, Kevin - 5 years
Kaitlyn - 5 years
Callie - 3 years
Ella - 2 years
Sara - 6 years - These next photos I tried something different with
filtering and I loved how Sara's turned out with her pink hat!
Kevin - 5 years
Abby - 3 years

No comments: