Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Nicholas' Tour of LCPP

This morning was busy for us as we sent off Jon to Kindergarten, Nicholas also had a tour of his preschool today! He is going to Lutheran Church of Peace Preschool, the same preschool Jon went to for the past two years. Mike and I are really happy with the program there. It was so cute because when we were driving to his preschool, he asked if we were going to his school and I said yes, but he thought we were going to ECFE (we went there last year). I told him we were going to Jon's old school, and I asked if he was excited. He said he was excited to see Jon there. I told him that Jon wasn't going to be there, that he was at his Kindergarten school. This is your preschool now! I don't think he got it until we pulled into the parking lot because he asked, "Is this my school now?!" I said yes and he goes WHOAH WHOO! He was so excited! As we walked into the school we noticed they re-did the floors in the hallway and put down a tile floor. It looked very nice! Nicholas knew exactly where to go to look for his cubby. We found his cubby and put his back pack in it, he just needed to bring his back pack! I showed him the bathroom where he would go and wash his hands before entering the classroom. We walked in and he needed to find his name tag and trace it with his fingers. They changed this because with Jon they traced it right away with a marker, but I'm sure they will get to tracing it with markers later in the year. After that he puts his name in the pocket chart, which he did right away. I had to fill out some paperwork so he ran into the main classroom and knew exactly where he was going to play. He ran to the Train table! He stayed there for awhile and than made his rounds to the other stations. He is so comfortable there! I didn't get to take that many pictures because he wanted me to play with him, so the two below are the only ones I have. After our tour, we went outside to have a picnic with the teachers, Ms. Joni and Ms. Mary. They are the same teachers Jon had when he went there 2 years ago! Nicholas and the other kids got to play outside as well. I am looking forward to Nicholas learning so much from his teachers this year. He is so eager to learn. It will be great to see him grow!
Nicholas at the train table
Taking a picture with his teachers Ms. Joni & Ms. Mary

No comments: