Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Nicholas' 1st Day of Preschool

Preschool Update:
Nicholas had a great fist day at preschool. When I went to go pick him up, I was walking to the playground and Ms. Mary just said I don't have to tell you how he did today! He had a great first day of school. He looked like he was going here for years. I was so glad she told me that because of what he said this morning on the way over there, I was a little worried.
He didn't even see me standing there for awhile. He just kept on playing. I finally said his name and he came running over. I asked how his day was and he said it was good. He told me that they sang songs, colored and a mouse visited their classroom and left them cookies in their cubbies. He was so excited. I don't think I need to worry about this one either! Of course I forgot my camera again! :( Hopefully I will remember to bring it on Thursday.

----------------------------------------------------------

Well, today was Nicholas' 1st day of Preschool. He was so excited last night when I told him he had school tomorrow. This morning we did our normal routine of getting dressed and eating breakfast. I had both of them go back up stairs to brush their teeth, and then I had to walk Jon to his bus stop. Don't worry, I didn't leave Nicholas alone, Lolo was downstairs. When I got back, I shouted Nicholas time to go to school. He was so excited. I told him to grab his backpack and we were off into the van. On the way over there, he said he wanted to go to his other school (ECFE) but I said he was too big for that and that he was a big boy and he is going to a big boy school now. He replied that he wanted to be a baby again. That got me a little worried that it would be tough to leave him, but as soon as we pulled into the parking lot his attitude all changed. He said to me, "Mom you have to leave!" I told I would after I signed him in. Obviously not nervous at all! We went in and he found his cubby, put his backpack away and hung his jacket. He knew what to do next which was to go into the bathroom and wash his hands. I signed him in and than he found his name on the table and traced it with his finger. I was talking to his teacher and I looked into the classroom and he had already put his name in the pocket chart. A lot of the parents were hanging out, but I just said good bye to Nicholas and he said bye to me and I left. I think he will have a good morning. I forgot to bring my camera so I don't have any pictures. I hope to remember it when I pick him up. I will give an update later on how his day went, so stayed tuned!

No comments: