Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Day of School

Well, today was Jon's first day of Kindergarten! The morning went very well. I even got up early so I would have time to shower and get ready myself. I woke up Jon about 10 after 7am and told him. "Today is your 1st day of school!" He was pretty much getting up already and he popped out of bed. I told him top get dressed (We picked out his outfit the night before), and to go downstairs for breakfast. Mike got his breakfast ready while I finished getting ready. When I came down I took a couple of pictures of him eating breakfast and of him with his back back. Nicholas joined him and I snapped a couple more pictures of the two brothers.

By the time we were done it was time to walk to the bus stop. We met our neighbors out in the street and started walking to the bus stop. Jon and Colin were both excited and started running up the street. We weren't really sure where to stand for the bus stop, but we saw some veterans coming and they showed us where to stand. The bus came about 8:10am, it wasn't suppose to come until 8:25am, but I think she was trying to figure out where the first bus stop was which was further down the road. She wasn't the main bus driver either, so I am sure we will have to go out there early again tomorrow morning. I of course took as many pictures as I could and I have posted the ones that turned out. Once they were on the bus, I turned around to look at my neighbor and she was crying. I felt bad for her, but she is also 7 months pregnant so I'm sure her hormones took part as well. I actually did not cry, but I think I was too busy trying to get good pictures. Looking back at the pictures that I took, I just think to myself that I can't believe he is in Kindergarten already! My big boy, is definitely a big boy now. I am so proud! Mike will be coming home early today so we can meet Jon at the bus stop after school. So I will post more pictures later.



Jon loves his Strawberry Yogurt Cheerios!


Jon with his back pack


Trying his back pack on


He had this one last year and didn't want to get a new one


The two Koehn Brothers


Meeting Colin in the street


Jon & Colin running up the street to the bus stop


Pausing so Mommy could take a picture


Waiting for the bus


I love this picture!


Getting on the bus. He was so excited!


Can you see him? He has a big smile and waving!


Another on where he is waving

No comments: