Sunday, September 9, 2007

Now It Starts To Get Busy

So this week is the beginning of where we start to get busy. Nicholas starts Preschool this week going Tuesdays & Thursday mornings. Jon has Gymnastics Tuesday nights. Nicholas starts AWANA on Wednesday nights. I will be starting my Fall Women's Volleyball League soon on Wednesday nights as well, and both the boys have swimming lessons at the YMCA on Fridays. Hopefully it won't be too busy for us that I am running around like crazy. I know as the two boys get older it will just keep getting busier and busier!

Nicholas is very excited to start Preschool, although he wants to take the bus to school just like Jon. I told him when he is 5 he will be able to take the bus and go to school with Jon. That seemed to make him happy. He is also excited about AWANA which he actually started last Wednesday night. AWANA is like a Christian Cubs Scoutsand they meet once a week. I think that will be good for him, and he seems to enjoy it. He wanted to go last Fall when Jon was going to AWANA. This year Jon will be doing Faith Formation classes at our church. I believe he will be starting in Oct.

Jon asked this morning if tonight was a school night and I said yes. He seems pretty excited to get back to school on Monday, which I am glad he enjoys school so much. He learns so fast. Only thing for me is that I don't know any of his new friends yet, and I don't know how he is in his classroom. I signed up to volunteer in his class, but I am not sure when that will start. I am pretty excited to start so I can see how Ms. Ritzer runs her classroom and to see how Jon is in the class. I volunteered at Jon's Preschool last year and I always observed him and not really stayed with his group. I wanted to give him his space and he did great.


Mike has been into Ice Fishing the past few years, so yesterday we took our pontoon to a guy that sells Ice Castle Fish Houses in Shakopee, MN. We haven't been using our pontoon as much as we would like so we decided to trade it in for one of the Eliminator Ice Castle Fish Houses. I wasn't sure if I wanted one, but after looking at it yesterday it seemed like a good idea. We can actually use it all year round. It looks like a camper and can be used as a camper in the summer time. It has two bunk beds, a bathroom, a stove/oven, a place to plug in a TV and has a pull up antenna attached to the camper, storage and AC. The AC was a bonus for me because I can't stand being so hot! We plan on buying bunk bed cots for the boys to sleep on and a folding table with benches. Mike actually wants to go next weekend sometime when we get it. Than in the winter time Mike can use it as a fish house. It can actually crank down so the floor is on the ice and it has 5 fishing holes in it already and he plans on adding 2 more. Hopefully it will work out well, and I think it will which means we will be doing a lot of camping next summer and Mike will be doing a lot of ice fishing this winter. I have attached a picture of what it looks like from the outside.



The boys are pretty excited about the camper because they have been wanting to go camping all summer. So when we got home and Mike told them, Jon especially, was pretty excited to go. So, I will give you an update after we go camping next weekend!

No comments: